Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow day 1/12/11

We had a winter storm blow through last night. Actually... it's still blowing through. There is still snow falling outside! We've had a foot already... expecting it to round out at a foot and a half before we're done, but it is starting to slow down a little bit now.

Earlier when there was a break, and to entertain Lori while she dug her car out of the driveway, Tag and I went out to play and for Tag to do his business... he loves the snow! Here are pictures of our little adventure:
Forging a path down the stairs. No, the lack of perspective is not a trick of the camera... the snow actually came up to the top of the deck!

Lori digging out. Noah had already dug himself out at 6 a.m. to brave the roads and go in to work.

Plowing along

I'm so cute in the snow!

Sadie was a little nervous... the snow was piled up higher than she is tall! See the grill to the left for a comparison.

Chad digs a path for Sadie, who has her sweater on now!

Snow!


Tag, doing his impression of a St. Bernard and digging me out of the snow bank.

Hee hee hee!

Trying to catch the snow

Now that we're thoroughly caked in snow and ice, it's time to go in!

Banished to the kitchen until he thaws out/dries off.

The birds can almost walk up the the feeder now!
The Pileated Woodpecker stopped by for a visit, too, but I couldn't get a good shot... he doesn't come to the feeder, but chatters to me from the trees.

My $20 snow pants from Target worked great! I was warm and dry underneath, even when I sat in the snow with Tag. Later we'll go back out in it and shovel the driveway so Noah and Lori can get back in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? I wanna know!