Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cheesy little blog award post


There are 4 duties to perform to receive this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!


THANKS, Leslie. Leslie's blog is an invite-only blog about her adventures in horseback riding, which we used to do together... only 7 months ago. Leslie is amazing at describing the work she is doing with Winston and I learn quite a lot from her! And with the videos she uploads, sometimes it feels like I never moved away...


Okay, seven things about myself


1. I am a vegetarian. I have been for almost a year now. I'm married to a vegetarian, so that makes the decision to be one easier, but I grew up a meat and potatoes southern girl... 


2. I love animals. I mean, LOVE love animals. I have 4 cats and a dog who keep me laughing and warm in the winter, and who provide endless entertainment year round. When I was a kid I wanted to be a marine biologist. I ended up majoring in English... not sure how that happened... but every once and a while I think back longingly on that dream to become a marine biologist... and wonder if I could make it happen now.


3. I have a deep dislike for people dressed as animals. I will do almost anything to avoid being accosted by them.


4. I used to be fairly musical. I'm not so  much at this stage in my life, but I used to play the clarinet... from the 5th grade through college... I have also played the upright bass, the tympani, and the guitar, as well as sung in various choruses and ensembles. My current wish is to learn how to play the piano.


5. I currently do not work. I majored in English in college, but never with any intention to teach. I always had a romantic  notion that one day I would become a writer. My amazing husband has an amazing job and so I'm currently pursuing that notion... and also the notion of becoming an artist/photographer. I can't believe how lucky I am to be able to do that!


6. I play an on-line horse breeding game at www.howrse.com. I have been playing this game since 2007. If you're interested in it, let me know and I'll send you an invite. (I know... bigger nerd than WoW which I used to play until the last upgrade, when I completely lost interest).


7. I love books. I have an addiction to collecting them. The pile is not so big right now... but I still have more books than I have bookshelf space. I read a lot, and plan to read a lot, and re-read a lot... so the pile just keeps growing.


In no particular order here are some blogs I read that I think are worth noting (I have interesting stories to go with some, not all):
1. The Clutter Museum - I met Leslie MB at a Social Media Conference at UC Davis. She was leading some discussion at the Twitter table. The more I get to know her, in person and through her blogging, the more amazing and inspirational I find her.
2. MindFULL Musings - Margaret and I have been friends since middle school. During those trying teen years, she was always there for me, and though our ways have been long parted since those days, she still occupies a dear sweet place in my heart. I thoroughly enjoy reading her blogging about homeschooling her children and being a cancer surviver.
3. bmusing - This great mostly foodie blog is by a dear friend of mine from college. She was my sorority big sister, but she was a soul sister ever so long before that. She posts the most delicious recipes with a dash of humor and sarcasm.
4. keeganevans.com - This is a new blog by an aspiring writer/comic who has recently transitioned from the military to civilian life and who also happens to be my cousin, Keegan.
5. writing as jo(e) - This person I have never met in my life. She writes eloquently about her life in the Northeast and also takes beautiful photographs. I enjoy her musings on life and family.
6. FabulousLorraine.com - This is Neil Gaiman's assistant. She is amazing. She writes about being a writer's assistant, about being a musician in an Irish band, about riding horses, about becoming FIT, and about rescuing Bengal cats.
7. Hyperbole and a half - This blog makes me laugh until I cry. Every time...

1 comment:

  1. <3 Thanks! Wish we didn't have so many miles between us but so thankful we can still keep tabs on each other through our blogs & FB :-)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!