Friday, June 10, 2011

Peaceful Morning

Heron fishing
I love the mornings. Of course, that is probably because I don't have to get up and go to work every morning. I might avoid them then, mornings. But on my own schedule (or more truthfully, on the cats' schedule) I so enjoy rising while the sun is and listening to the songs of the birds as they greet the new day.

The water is flat on the pond this morning except for the occasional ripple of a giant carp hunting for bugs or for a mate. The heron in the photo I took today has flown to the other side of the water in protest of my presence. We are intruders, the dog and I. But we sit quietly, take in the morning magic.

2 comments:

  1. Mac, I love your blog. Your photos and reflective writing relax me and it makes me so happy that you are enjoying the peaceful place you live in. Having a child to take care of means not much time for creating beautiful things! Well, other than the child, that is.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!