Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rainy Wednesday

Napping was the quadruped sport of the day. After a morning's sprint up and down the stairs, Jack and Gill crashed out... and so did Tag.





I unpacked a couple of boxes (yay me) and web surfed mostly. Noah needs more dress shirts for work and man is he picky! But I found some clothiers for him to peruse... and in the meantime shopped Ikea for some much needed bookshelves and kitchen shelves (not quite enough cabinet space in the new abode). I also *nerd alert* downloaded the trial version of World of Warcraft... yeah. I'm curious, what can I say?

It's raining steadily now, and I leave to pick up Noah in 10 minutes. Sigh... Good thing I have my trusty raincoat from REI! And Subaruby will most definitely keep me safe on the road.

In other news, we accepted an offer on the house yesterday! That's a huge relief. They're first-time home buyers and want to close escrow by the end of June to get a credit! We're happy that someone else will be able to enjoy our house as a home. It was a good place to live for the 2 years we were there.

Everything continues to fall into place here.

Oh, and I'm reading Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" for the first time. I have been feeling the "goth" vibe recently and thought I'd give it a go. I mean, it's one of the books I'm reading. I'm also in the middle of "Anna Karenina", if I can ever figure out where it was packed... and I wouldn't put it past me to pick up a Jane Austen novel in the interim. I have no attention span... sigh.

I know I should have read Frankenstein before now.... tsk tsk.

Mary Shelley's life was so fascinating! I'm going to have to read more about her, too. I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction to the book. If anyone knows any good biographies on her, fill me in!

Off to pick up Noah from work!

2 comments:

  1. Frankenstein is awesome. If you want to have a little fun with it, try to map out the story-within-a-story-within-a-story thing. You should end up with a lot of nested boxes, with one particular tale in the center.

    (Can you tell I used to teach the novel?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, Leslie! I'll be sure to do that! I enjoyed the nested story aspect of Wuthering Heights.

    Mind if I pick your brain on it as I get going?

    Thanks for the layout comments, too. I liked the other layout for its whimsy... but you're right. You couldn't see the pictures at all.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!