Sunday, August 26, 2012

Veggies that I grew!

Remember all those weeks ago when I posted a picture of our seedling adventure... weeks, sheesh, who are we kidding? It was MONTHS! Anyhow, looky what I pulled out of my garden this season. I'm so proud!





Yes those carrots are red. They are still orange on the inside, but they're a brilliant red variant called "Dragon". The golden cherry tomatoes are the sweetest things ever, too! And that's just one of the different heirloom tomato varieties we grew. I've been enjoying tasting the literal fruits of our labor this harvest!

In other news, guess who got to go see the premiere of the new Doctor Who series in NYC yesterday? ME! That's who! I'm one lucky girl! And Stephen Moffat did NOT disappoint. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan were there, too!! Which is all well and good, except that I really want Matt Smith to be The Doctor and not Matt Smith... oh well.

Now to get started growing my T.A.R.D.I.S.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful crops! Those carrots are gorgeous~ I'll have to look into growing that kind next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! And they look delicious, especially those tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I used to garden and have harvests like that until I became a writer. Now my garden might get planted, but then it gets neglected. :(

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!