Monday, May 24, 2010

'Twas the night before...

'Twas the night before moving... the house is in disarray... mostly in the area of the kitchen and the bedroom. We got rid of all the food we weren't planning to move (perishables, etc.) so there's nothing to eat and we're reluctant to make dirty dishes given that someone will be packing them for us tomorrow...

I sold my dresser at our yard sale on Saturday, so I have no where to put my clothes! I packed what I will wear over the next week in a suitcase, and filled a couple boxes with the rest of the clothes from the dresser... but that's still weird.

The kittens are confused. Their condo is gone and some of the furniture from their room has disappeared as well. So they're sprinting around the house and calling each other. Tag is oblivious. It'll kick in later, I suppose :) But we've been trying to travel with him some so that things like this would not phase him. Kitty is reproachful, but then, when isn't she? And Bangs... well, Bangs knows that something is up. He's clingy and needy. Poor guy has been through this more than once.

I'm stressed. I shouldn't be. The movers will take care of all the details here. Perhaps there's some of that control freak in me that can't let go. Mostly I'm stressed about the animals and how they will handle the next week's journey. I've done what I can to make their trip as stress free as possible. I packed plenty of yummy canned food... we have a nice new roomy car to travel in with an air conditioner that works. The hotels we're staying at are pet friendly. I have kitty valium in case someone decides they really can't handle it. Still, it's going to be hard on the cats. There's not much else I can do about that.

So tomorrow around one I'll take the pets and go check into our hotel in Davis. And tonight I'll try to sleep. Wish us luck! We'll keep you posted on the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I look forward to hearing about your future adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean Davis hotel party tonight..??

    Just kidding, don't worry dude I'm sure things will work out and the kitties will do fine...or at least will be really really relieved when y'all arrive on the East coast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've moved Mocha with us 9 times. It's always a bit stressful, but she has adjusted well each time. Your new house looks lovely & I'm sure they (& you!) will all enjoy the new space! Congrats & best wishes for a safe & smooth move! ((Hugs!))

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? I wanna know!